Your teeth can develop dark shades or spots at any point in your life. While it looks unpleasant, it can also cause bad breath and a foul smell. According to our dental doctor in Pune, there are several causes of tooth discoloration.
Causes of tooth discoloration
- Coffee stains
- Trauma to the tooth
- Tetracycline stains
- Enamel hypoplasia
- Side effects of certain medications
All these teeth discoloring causes can be easily undone through modern teeth whitening treatments. There are two basic types of treatment of teeth whitening treatment as discussed below.
Teeth whitening with laser
The laser bleaching procedure can give you results in just 30 minutes. Generally, one-time bleaching is sufficient.
The teeth-whitening procedure with laser:
- The dentist selects the present shade of the teeth
- Then the dentist performs scaling and polishing
- Next step, the dentist retracts the cheek with a cheek retractor
- Then the dentist dries the tooth surface and apply a gum dam and cures it with a light cure
- The whitening solution is dispensed in a dappen dish and applied to the teeth
- The dentist performs two cycles of laser bleaching for the upper and lower arch for 45 seconds each with a 10-minute gap
In-office teeth whitening
This procedure requires less time. In this technique, the whitening gel is directly applied to the teeth. Results are visible within 30-40 minutes. The number of appointments depends on the shade of the patient.
How long does the treatment last?
Teeth whitening isn’t a permanent solution. If the patient restarts consuming foods and beverages that cause stains, the teeth can stain again. However, our dental doctor in Pune says that with proper precaution and care, the treatment results can last a year long.
Advantages of teeth-whitening:
- It takes less time
- It is more efficacious
- It is a painless procedure
- It reduces anxiety caused by stained teeth
- It helps minimize the bleeding and swelling
- It reduces bacterial infections
The treatment has advantages and disadvantages, yet it is necessary to treat the discolored teeth before it causes additional problems and infections that may lead to severe dental problems and tooth loss.
Oswal Dental Clinic is one of the best and recommended dental clinics in Pune. We have experienced dentists and orthodontists who provide excellent treatment and care until the patient’s complete satisfaction. For more information, book an appointment with us today.