Preventive Dental Care
Preventive dental care is not an option but it is the need of the hour for all individuals cutting across age. Be it for children who are highly prone to occurrence of cavities or adults who unfortunately have more probability for accumulating calculus and plaques, Oswal dental clinic, one of the leading centres for dental care in Pune, strongly advocates preventive dentistry to maintain good oral hygiene and dental health.
WHAT IS PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY?
Preventive dentistry can be best described as set of procedures to keep your oral hygiene in pristine condition. With adoption of good dental practices prescribed under preventive dentistry, it is very much possible to avoid several dental complications and thereby reduce the chances of periodontic diseases and tooth loss. Being a team effort between you and dental doctors in Pune at our clinic, it presents an excellent maintenance plan to bring back your dental hygiene into good condition and sustain those effects.
ADVANTAGES OF PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY
With good oral health and dental hygiene practices that are prescribed as a part of preventive dentistry, it is absolutely possible to enjoy plethora of goodness. Our dentist in Pune always educates our patients about the need for preventive dentistry by illustrating the advantages that come bundled with it.
- Avoid cavity formation, gingivitis, periodontitis and many other dental issues
- Reduce the risk of secondary health issues such as heart diseases and osteoporosis that have strong relationship with poor dental health
- Although preventive dentistry may not completely eliminate the need for minor dental treatments, it can very well avoid costly dental procedures
- It presents an excellent opportunity for early detection of potential oral ailments and facilitate treatment through minimally invasive procedures
TREATMENTS UNDER PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY
Treatments under preventive dentistry are completely based on your present dental condition and oral hygiene practices. Hence our dentists at Oswal Dental Clinic begin the journey of preventive dentistry through comprehensive evaluation of teeth and gums and if necessary conduct few diagnostic studies to ensure healthiness of tooth roots and the underlying jaw bones. Based on the healthiness of your mouth, following treatments and recommendation are provided:
- Removal of plaque and tartar from teeth surface to scale and polish them.
- Educate you the best methodologies of brushing and also illustrate the techniques to clean the gaps between the teeth using interdontal brushes or floss.
- Check the healthiness of fillings and if necessary smoothen the rough edges to facilitate easy cleaning.
- Prescribe the most suitable oral health care products that also include fluoridated toothpaste and remineralizing agents to maintain the dental condition.
- Recommend several measures pertaining to diet control
- Protect biting surfaces of teeth by application of sealants
- Apply fluoride varnishes, especially to the little ones to help them in preventing tooth decay.
WHY TO APPROACH US
Oswal Dental Clinic always recommends good medical management of dental issues with the aid of early diagnosis. With adept ability to carry out risk assessment and patient counseling, we always prefer to assist patients in sustaining their good dental health rather than treating for ailments. Hence it is no wonder, we show keen interest in educating our patients on the necessity of preventive dentistry, which is always beneficial in the long run.
By availing the preventive dentistry care of Oswal Dental Care, you can easily preserve your pearly whites and assure good oral health and thereby save money and prevent several dental procedures. Contact us today and get your dental health evaluated and pave way for better oral care.