Once in a lifetime, we all suffer the pain of tooth infection or toothache that needs care more than our daily brushing and flossing. Therefore, dentist in Pune, suggest people to at least get a routine dental checkup once in every six months. Tooth infection, if left untreated, can cause serious complications such as tooth decay, gingivitis, bad breath, and a missing tooth.
What Exactly is a Root Canal Treatment?
A “root canal” is not a treatment but a part of your teeth. It is the hollow section of a tooth that contains the nerve tissues, blood vessels, and cells that are commonly known as the pulp. Our tooth comprises of two parts – Crowns and roots. A crown is referred to as the tooth part above the gum. Whereas, the roots are attached to your jawbone.
The dental procedure “root canal treatment” is an endodontic therapy recommended to the patients to get rid of their tooth infection.
A tooth infection can be cured by root canal treatment provided by our root canal specialist in Pune. It is a highly-skilled procedure designed to cure infected teeth. The treatment involves a particular type of equipment to clear your root canal of all infection before filling the tooth and adding a crown on it to give extra support and strength to it.
What are the steps involved in Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal therapy is completed in three significant steps and takes two to three sessions to complete.
- Root Canal Cleansing: Firstly, our dentist in Pune removes everything inside the root canal. After that, your dentist makes a small access hole on the surface of the tooth and removes to remove the diseased and dead pulp tissues.
- Root Canal Filling:The next step includes your dentist cleansing and decontaminating the hollow area, using tiny files and irrigation solutions. The tooth is filled with a rubber-like material using an adhesive cement to seal the canals completely.
- Adding a Crown or Filling: The tooth is dead now. You will feel no pain as all the nerve tissues have been removed from the roots to eliminate the infection. However, this makes your tooth fragile and susceptible to trauma. A crown or filling is placed on the tooth to offer protection. Until the crowns are not placed, avoid eating or chewing on the operated tooth.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
There are countless practical reasons to perform Endodontic therapy or root canal treatment. Some of the major benefits of considering it includes:
- It is a painless procedure: Root canal treatment is virtually a painless procedure and leaves you with very less bearable pain during recovery (If you do not follow the recovery rules). Choose the best dental clinic in Pune to receive a painless treatment and smooth recovery process.
- It is efficient and cost-effective: Root canal treatment needs fewer follow-up appointments compared to the tooth extraction procedure. Also, most of the dental insurance places cover Endodontic treatments.
- It offers visually appealing results: The crowns installed in your teeth provide a natural and improved smile. They work like natural teeth and help you laugh louder without worrying about the crooked and decayed tooth.
Who is an ideal candidate for Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is recommended to patients who encounter the following cases:
- A root canal treats infected or diseased pulp that cannot repair itself
- Cracked teeth, a deep cavity, a loose filling, or bacteria-filled pulp.
- A tooth infection that is making your tooth bones weaker.
- Swelled ligaments around the teeth
- A pulp injury that makes your tooth sensitive to hot and cold temperatures
Many patients opt for tooth extraction rather than root canal treatment. However, tooth extraction is recommended to patients suffering from massive tooth decay, trauma, or loss of bone due to periodontal, or gum disease.
It is wise to choose root canal treatment during the early signs of tooth decay to preserve your natural teeth and healthy smile. Removing a tooth means the surrounding teeth start moving and become crooked, which makes it hard to grab a good bite.
Note: A root canal therapy can save your natural tooth, but if the decay is large, the next option is a
dental implant to offer you a visually-appealing and natural-looking tooth.
What is the cost of root canal treatment?
The cost of every dental treatment varies from one another. However, the tooth saved by a root canal therapy is always cost-efficient.
On average, a root canal therapy performed by the best dentist can cost you around Rs 3000 to Rs 10,000.
Choose a board-certified endodontist to perform your root canal therapy. It will save you the pain, discomfort, and any risks associated with the root canal recovery process.
How to prevent tooth infection?
To prevent tooth infection, tooth decay, and gum disease, follow these tips:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Practice flossing to remove dental plaque
- Avoid drinking or eating sugary items
- Quit smoking
- Avoid eating tobacco
- Use toothpaste that contains Flouride
- Avoid using the same toothbrush for a long time. Keep changing it at least every month.
- Go for routine dental checkups twice a year
Visit Oswal Dental Clinic to know more about root canal treatment and other dental services to maintain a healthy and brightened smile.