The root canal treatment is a dental technique that typically involves the removal of part or all of an infected tooth’s pulp. The pulp is the soft tissue present inside the tooth, which contains blood vessels and nerve endings. However, sometimes the pulp can become infected and cause pain. The root canal treatment aims to eliminate infection and pain in the pulp of a tooth. It may be performed as an outpatient or as an inpatient.
Who is a candidate for a Root Canal Treatment?
You are considered a candidate for a root canal treatment in a Dental Clinic in Pune if you have:
- Discomfort associated with toothaches.
- Inflammation of the gums.
- A cracked or a broken crown, when the fractured tooth cannot be saved.
- Infections in your teeth.
- Dental abscesses.
- Decay that has reached the nerve.
Given below are some symptoms that suggest the need for a root canal treatment:
- Pain when chewing or moving your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity when eating or drinking.
- Fever and chills, in addition to the pain in your face, neck, or jaw.
- When the infection goes beyond just your tooth, you might experience chest pain or shortness of breath.
How is a Root Canal Treatment Performed?
The procedure of root canal treatment involves making an opening at the end of your tooth, cleaning out any tissue that might be blocking it, and filling the opening with a substance called gutta-percha, which is hardened plastic. Following is the step by step procedure of Root Canal Treatment in Pune:
- First, A local anesthetic is administered to numb the area.
- Next, A small incision is made in the gum line, and then a small tube that looks like a straw is inserted into your tooth.
- Then, the dentist drills into the tooth and removes all of its contents.
- Next, the dentist uses a long needle that has been sterilized to scrape away the nerve tissue. Then they will then fill in the tooth with a temporary filling that will be removed when they are done.
- Then antibiotic is used to clean out any bacteria present in the area.
- Finally, the dentist will fill the tooth with a permanent filling, which will seal up the canal.
What is the estimated cost of root canal treatment?
The cost of root canal treatment varies for every individual depending on the following factors:
- The severity of the Condition
- The complexity of the treatment
- Location of the Clinic
- Experience of the dentist
Oswal Dental Clinic is a leading dental clinic in Pune that provides the best dental care. The clinic provides high-quality root canal treatment, which removes all the infected tissue from the tooth and restores the health of your tooth. The staff at Oswal Dental Clinic are highly trained and experienced in providing root canal treatments. So if you are looking for a root canal treatment in Pune, book your appointment with us today.